Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today was truly an eyeopening experience for me. I thought technology was exciting, but I had NO IDEA what was out there. I love the fact that all of this can be brought into the classroom and students can learn using tools they find exciting. They are already on social networking sites, imagine telling them they can learn using them. It's like finding out ice cream and chocolate are the best foods for you!!! We learned so much today, a little overwhelming. So, I will try to take one tool - learn it, use it, and try to move on to the next. It is very hard to be an expert at everything in a short time, but if you take it one step at a time and really put some time into using it effectively, it can be so valuable. The first tool I would love to try to really discover is Google. Not the Google I thought I knew, but Google News and Google Earth to start off with. I want to look into Ning, too. I think it is a great teacher resource. Imagine colleagues from so many places to be able to share with and learn from. I heard about Delicious but never used it. I think it will be a great resource for me, as a teacher to keep my bookmarks in one place. I am already on Facebook yet never realized networking is part of the education world as well. I am completely fascinated with what we learned today!! Now let's hope I can figure out what I wrote in my notes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment